The Chamber Music Project
After playing just a few notes during our first rehearsal in 2008, it became obvious that a new musical friendship was about to be born. The big ocean between us, as well as our different agenda’s didn’t allow us to play together as frequently as we wanted. But the desire to play and record together as Who’s the Bossa? remained strong.
This first album is the result of our friendship and our search for new roads in Brazilian music. We decided to blend it with jazz and classical music in a chamber ensemble setting. We loved the journey of making this album and we are proud of the result. We hope you’ll enjoy listening to it.
Josee, Hans, Daniel and Nelson
1. Distantes Demais (Lenine)
2. So in love (Cole Porter)
3. Bachianas (Heitor Villa Lobos)/ Passarim (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
4. Cais (Milton Nascimento)
5. Child of the sun (Nelson Faria/Gilson Peranzetta/Josee Koning)
6. Olha Maria (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
7. Desafinado (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
8. Choro para Andréa (Nelson Faria)
9. Amor (Ivan Lins)
10. Summer evening (Eric Koning)
11. Surfboard (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
12. Valsinha (Chico Buarque)